The Online Certificate Programs for Diversity and Inclusion in Veterinary Medicine are designed for individuals with demanding schedules. Participants will complete a combination of distance learning modules, life experiences, and reflections to build their skill sets. Certificates and Continuing Education credit are available upon program completion. Three programs are offered, each tailored to a specific audience. To meet the requirements for a certificate, participants will:
- Complete pre- and post- Intercultural Development Inventory Assessments to assess skills in cultural competency (Faculty/Administrator, Student, Practicing Veterinarian/Veterinary Technician Programs only)
- Complete a series of online modules and pass end of module quizzes with a grade of 80% or more
- Complete and document 1-3 hours of volunteer community service and submit written reflections about what was learned (Requirements vary by program)
- Document participation in 2-4 pertinent activities each lasting at least one hour, and submit written reflections about what was learned from each activity (Requirements vary by program). Activities can include: cultural activities in your community; attendance at a national/regional meeting focused on diversity and inclusion in veterinary medicine [ie. Iverson Bell Symposium, Iverson Bell Regional Summits, Purdue Veterinary Medicine Fall Conference Diversity Workshops]; attendance at a local meeting or lecture focused on diversity and inclusion in veterinary medicine [ie. VOICE Chapter meeting, Broad Spectrum Meeting]
- Submit a capstone paper (1-2 pages) on how you will use information from the certificate program to strengthen diversity and inclusion in veterinary medicine
- Complete the Certificate Program Evaluation
Participants will have 1 year to complete all program requirements. If requirements are not completed within 1 year, participants can reenroll, for a $50 fee, and receive a 6 month extension.
Select a program below for additional program and registration information
Certificate Program for Faculty and Administrators at Colleges/Schools of Veterinary Medicine
Certificate Program for Students at Colleges/Schools of Veterinary Medicine
Certificate Program for Practicing Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians
Certificate Program for Interns, Residents, and Non-Faculty Educators at Colleges/Schools of Veterinary Medicine
Certificate Program for Staff at Colleges/Schools of Veterinary Medicine or at Veterinary Practices
Online Certificate Programs for Diversity and Inclusion in Veterinary Medicine
Are you prepared to meet the needs of our increasingly diverse society? Purdue University, through the Center of Excellence for Diversity and Inclusion in Veterinary Medicine, presents online professional certification programs designed for veterinarians, veterinary technicians, educators, students, and staff who seek to improve their communication, leadership, teaching/learning, and cultural competency skills. Help change the face of veterinary medicine by contributing to inclusive work and learning environments where everyone can reach their full potential.