AAFP (Feline Club)
The SCAAFP, otherwise know as "Feline Club" at Purdue, is a club all about cats. Each year the officers arrange meetings with various speakers to talk about different aspects of feline medicine.
Examples of topics covered at meetings include feline cardiology, feline urinary diseases, and feline behavior.
The Feline Club also holds various physical examination and palpation labs throughout the year to help hone our skills on live animals. Some of the fun events outside the vet school include a trip to a local feline exclusive practice and a behind-the-scenes tour of the Indianapolis Zoo’s Veterinary Hospital. The club also works with Clinton County Humane Society every year to help them prepare cats for adoption.
It is a great opportunity to obtain hands on experience with physical exams, blood draws, FeLV/FIV testing, fecals, etc. This is an enjoyable club that is great for any aspiring small animal clinician to learn a little more about feline medicine!
- President - Savannah Jewell '17
- Past President - Natalie Alberg ‘16
- Vice President - Canae DeVries '16
- Secretary - Allie Keresman '16
- Treasurer - Natalie Alberg '16
- Fundraising Chair - Kristina Naef '17
- Faculty Advisor - Dr. Nolie Parnell, VCS