Applicants new to Purdue
Procedure for transfer applicants new to Purdue
ANNOUNCEMENT! Application deadline for "Veterinary Technology Experience Report" submission has been extended to November 8.
Students will be able to submit the transfer application for Purdue when it is available on January 1, 2014. Purdue transfer applications need to be complete by January 15, 2014.
Procedure for Purdue new beginner freshmen applicants
1. Complete the general Purdue undergraduate application form. This form is available at www.purdue.edu/Admissions/Undergrad/
- Admission application must be completed on or before November 1 of the year prior to admission
2. Complete and submit the Veterinary Technology Experience Report by November 1.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Application deadline for “Veterinary Technology Experience Report" Submission has been extended to November 8.
What happens next?
In December, completed applications submitted by the deadlines listed above are reviewed by the Veterinary Technology Admissions Committee.
- Pre-requisite course requirements for admission to the Veterinary Technology program are verified.
- Candidate's admission application and Experience Report are evaluated for:
- academic performance
- standardized testing scores
- experiences in a veterinary health care environment
- animal experiences
- understanding and exposure to the veterinary technology career
60-70 qualified candidates from the applicant pool are invited to an interview during January. Faculty and staff of the Veterinary Technology Committee conduct a 20 minute interview. Attendance at the interview is mandatory to be considered for admission.
If invited for an interview, the applicant must provide three references: one from a veterinarian, one from a teacher, and one from an employer. These references must use the form provided by the Purdue Veterinary Technology program. All references must be submitted before the end of January.
After all the interviews are completed, the Veterinary Technology Committee will review all interviewed applicants’ portfolios. The class will be selected and offers of admission will be sent from the Office of Admission in mid-February.