Global Veterinary Certificate Program
The Global Veterinary Medicine Certificate Program was created to engage students on their role in affecting world change through the improvement of animal and human health. The certificate is tailored to give students a better understanding of Global Veterinary Medicine and to prepare them to engage, exchange, and collaborate with the world around them.
Contact the Office of Global Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how to enroll in this program.
- Must complete the International Veterinary Medicine course (for DVM-VM 80900 and for Vet Nursing-VM 40900) offered in the Spring
- Must participate in a global engagement experience related to veterinary medicine
- Required attendance at the “Pre-Departure” lecture before the start of travel
- Must attend the “Reflection/Marketing Your Global Engagement Experience” workshop upon return
- Must attend at least 4 workshops hosted throughout the year
- Global Engagement Opportunities for Veterinary Medicine Students
- Global Competency within Veterinary Medicine
- Global Perspectives on Animal Welfare
- Global Self and Your Role as Veterinarians in Society
- Collaboration and Getting Immersed In Your Surroundings
- Clinical Rotations Abroad
- Reflecting/Marketing On Your Global Engagement Experience
- Becoming an IVSA Ambassador