Funding Opportunities for PVM Global Engagement Programs
There are a ton of funding opportunities available to Veterinary students for global experiences!
After reviewing the information below, be sure to make an appointment with the Office of Global Engagement to find out how to put your application in the best position for scholarship success.
- Purdue Veterinary Medicine scholarships will be available for 2023/2024 for students traveling internationally for study abroad experiences. Scholarships will be awarded from $100 - $500 for those veterinary nursing students that are eligible for the Purdue Moves scholarship and $500 - $1500 for DVM students. Award recipients will be chosen by a faculty committee. Awards will be made to first and second year DVM students and Veterinary Nursing students for summer international experiences and to third year students for senior year international externships. Recipients will be chosen based on how the proposed international experience will advance the educational, career, and cultural objectives of the student, enrollment in the Global Veterinary Certificate Program, IVSA Workshop Participation, previous funds awarded from IP Office, and previous international experience. Students going abroad will be required to either attend Pre-Departure Orientation before they depart or alternatively view the lecture on-line. The deadline for the PVM International Scholarships Application is January 22, 2023 at midnight. Recipients will be announced by February 10, 2023.
- Purdue will offer the following scholarships to Purdue WL degree seeking undergraduate students applying for a credit bearing, Study Abroad approved program. Students are limited to one short scholarship ($2,000 or $1000) and one full semester scholarship ($3,000) for the duration of their studies at Purdue. The priority deadlines for these scholarships are November 1st (Spring); January 15th (Spring Break); and April 1st (Fall and Summer).
- The Indiana Veterinary Medical Association (IVMA) and Indiana Animal Health Foundation (IAHF) have established a scholarship fund for students at Purdue University. The IVMA will award 5 - $1000 scholarships and the IAHF will award 2 - $1000 scholarships. The deadline for this scholarship is typically in October; see website for updates.
- The International Veterinary Experience Scholarship is funded by the International Veterinary Experience Committee (IVEC) of the Student American Veterinary Medical Association (SAVMA). The International Veterinary Experience Scholarship is awarded to deserving SAVMA members who demonstrate a strong desire to participate in a veterinary-related international experience. Eight awards will be distributed this year in the amount of $500 each. Applications must be electronically submitted. Please Check SAVAMA Website for Deadline.
- The Community Service/Service-Learning Student Grant Program, facilitated by Purdue's Office of Engagement, provides grants to Purdue students or student organizations for community service projects. The program fosters the expansion of community service involvement including Service-Learning and experiential learning opportunities by Purdue students in partnership with communities, non-profit agencies, schools, and governmental bodies. The University will fund projects/services that will encourage students to become involved in community life by assisting in solving problems or providing a service while utilizing their education and expertise. The program is intended to give students an opportunity to expand their learning environment. Grant amounts range from $100 to $500 for an individual or a maximum of $1500 for a team or organization. Please read the Guidelines before continuing to the application area.
- This grant is intended to reimburse costs that fall Outside-the-Scope of research-oriented expenses. Assistance offered by the Professional Grant are for professional or academic development activities, such as attending professional venues and/or workshops. We hope to support students who strive to gain a competitive edge in the job market through these academic and professional endeavors. Experiences beneficial for career advancement that applicant would otherwise not be exposed to by thesis or coursework (non-thesis related). Exact funding amount will depend on each individual application; however, maximum is set at $750.
- ** When applying make sure that, you do not involve travel in your application. For this grant, if you involve travel, you have to travel at least 1 month after submitting the deadline. There are multiple deadlines please check the website for additional details.
- To promote the global exchange of ideas and culture, and to improve veterinary education worldwide, IVSA annually provides between 50 and 100 scholarships of $500-$2000 for veterinary students to use for their educational needs, such as traveling abroad to gather valuable experience with veterinarians in a different country to their own. Applications typically open in August; see website for updates. Please visit www.ivsa.org/the-mah-ivsa-scholarship-travel-grant-program
- Merck Animal Health and the AVMF are dedicated to preserving and improving the health and well-being of animals as well as honoring exceptional veterinary students. Merck Animal Health is proud to show its dedication to veterinary students by providing $5000 scholarships to second and third year veterinary students. Deadline typically in December; Applications open mid November; see website for updates.
- National American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) Student members are encouraged to apply for one of the AAEP Foundation Scholarships. Over $45,000 in scholarships are awarded annually to veterinary students who plan to pursue a career in equine veterinary practice and exhibit academic excellence and leadership in activities that benefit the health and welfare of the horse. December 1st (deadline varies depending on scholarship).
- Purdue The Morris Animal Foundation Veterinary Student Scholars Program is a highly competitive program that provides veterinary students the opportunity to become involved in mentored research that enhances the health and welfare of companion animals (dogs, cats, horses, llamas/alpacas and companion exotics) and wildlife. The program is open to currently enrolled veterinary students in good standing from any accredited US college, university or school of veterinary medicine.
The Veterinary Student Scholars Program awards stipends* up to $5,000 to veterinary students who are selected by their institution to participate in clinical or basic animal health and/or welfare research. Students enrolled in a combined DVM/PhD degree program are not eligible for this program. Students must devote a minimum of 50 percent of their time to the project for the equivalent of a 10- to 12-week period. Submissions must be made online by the academic institution for review by Morris Animal Foundation. Morris Animal Foundation encourages each institution to select and submit the very strongest student project based on scientific merit, relevance to animal health and adherence to Morris Animal Foundation’s guidelines and mission. Call is typically announced in October. The deadline is April 4, 2022 at 4:59 p.m.
- The American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF) is the charitable arm of the AVMA. For over 50 years, the AVMF has been dedicated to our mission of embracing and advancing the well-being and medical care of animals. Charitable contributions and support to the Foundation help veterinarians help animals. AVMF has a number of scholarships that can be used for international travel. Please check their site for the most updated information. Deadlines Vary.
- Metropolitan Shuttle awards scholarships to veterinary Students at participating veterinary colleges across the US. The company awards $1,000 each year per participating institution to a student who submits the best essay on how they plan to harness technology to effect positive change in their chosen sphere of veterinary medicine. The winner must currently attend a participating institution, or must have already been admitted for the forthcoming school year.
- The International Scholarship Search is the premier financial aid, college scholarship and international scholarship resource for students wishing to study abroad. At this site, you will find the most comprehensive listing of grants, scholarships, loan programs, and other information to assist college and university students in their pursuit to study abroad.
- United Planet is dedicated to making our programs accessible to all those who wish to form relationships abroad. As former students ourselves, we know how valuable cross-cultural experiences are, both for furthering your education and developing skills to work in a globalized world. We are pleased to offer three $500 Student Scholarships toward any of our Short or Long-Term individual Quest programs. We invite all students to apply, whether you are currently attending high school, college, or graduate school. Applications for United Planet Student Scholarships are typically accepted until the end of March; see website for updates.
- Go Overseas offers two $500 scholarships for individuals to volunteer or intern abroad in the spring and fall each year—travelers are invited to volunteer with any organization of their choosing. The award is distributed directly to the volunteer organization itself, which ensures that the funds are used entirely for the project.
- Allianz Global Assistance is offering six $2,500 scholarships for learning-focused international trips. Applicants must submit a short video or essay between October and November, describing how international travel would impact their life.
- Founded in 2014 by world traveler, Leon Logothetis, the Human Interaction Project (HIP) aims to educate others through real life, hands on experiences that impact change on an individual and global level. See website for deadline.
- Solar Action Alliance is a group of environmentalist who want to spread the word about the most clean, reliable, and abundant source of renewable energy, the sun. They are excited to offer $1000 scholarship to a hardworking, motivated student. Our annual scholarship deadline is July 1st. Winner will be notified by August 1st.