Three-year Pathway to Success
The three year pathway is the official Plan of Study (POS) in the Purdue University Course Catalog. This POS is a 9 semester plan where the student takes classes in the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- While we understand the need for financial aid, as a first time student our goal is for you to be successful. Distance learning can be a challenging way to learn new material. We recommend, if possible, in your first semester to take a smaller number of classes which you can pay for outside of financial aid. This will allow you the opportunity to experience the distance learning format and set a solid foundation of knowledge and GPA.
- Most financial aid requires a minimum of 6 credit hours each semester. There is general information at the VNDL financial aid page.
- Once you are admitted, please contact the Division of Financial Aid to review eligibility and credit hour requirements specific to you. In your communication, please clearly state that you are a Veterinary Nursing Distance Learning student and provide your PUID.
Factors to Consider
- Students should plan for 3-5 hours of study time/credit hour/week.
- Students who are full-time employees should consider the additional time management challenges of this pathway.
- Students working 40+ hours/week should not consider this pathway.
- Students should consider family priorities and other time commitments.
- Students should understand that the VNDL is a rigorous science-based program and that it is a myth that distance learning courses are easy.
- VM 10500 Intro to Veterinary Technology (credits 1)
- BMS 11500 Anatomy for VT I (credits 2)
- BMS 13500 Physiology for VT I (credits 1)
- BMS 13600 Physiology for VTII (credits 1)
- VCS 20100 Pharmacy Procedures for VT (credits 1)
- BMS 11600 Anatomy for VT II (credits 2)
- BMS 23500 Pharmacology for VT I (credits 1)
- VCS 24000 Nutrition for VT (credits 1)
- PB 15001 Clinical Pathology for VT (credits 2)
- CPB 24000 Public & Occupational Health (credits 1)
- VCS 14001 Small Animal Nursing I (credits 3)
- CPB 25100Clinical Pathology for VT II (credits 2)
- VCS 14700 Principles of OR Tech and Sterilization for VT (credits 1)
- BMS 23600 Pharmacology for VT I (credits 1)
- VM 22300 Pharmacy Clinical Mentorship (credits .5)
- VCS 23001 Small Animal Nursing II (credits 2.5)
- VCS 14801 Large Animal Nursing I (credits 2)
- VM 20500 Small Animal Mentorship I (credits 1.5)
- VM 22700 Clinical Pathology Mentorship (credits 2)
- VCS 23900 Dentistry for VT (credits .5)
- VCS 23701 Large Animal Nursing and Health Management for VT II (credits 3)
- VCS 24200 Diagnostic Imaging (credits 3)
- VM 20600 Small Animal Mentorship II (credits 1)
- VM 21200 OR & Sterilization Mentorship (credits .5)
- CPB 22501 Parasitology (credits 2)
- VCS 23300 Intro to Optho, Derm and Oncology (credits 1)
- VCS 24400 Principles of Anesthesia for VT (credits 3)
- VM 20900 Equine Medical Nursing Mentorship (credits 1)
- VM 20700 SmallAnimal Mentorship III (credits 1)
- CPB 22700 Microbiology for VT (credits 2)
- VM 22900 Lab Animal Medicine (credits 2)
- VM 21500 Diagnostic Imaging Mentorship I (credits 1)
- VM 21100 Large Animal Anesthesia Mentorship (credits 1)
- VM 21300 Microbiology Mentorship (credits .5)
- VM 20800 Large Animal Medical Nursing Mentorship (credits 1)
- VM 21400 Parasitology Mentorship (credits .5)
- VM 24800 Understanding Animal Disease (credits 2)
- VM 24500 Management for VT (credits 1.5)
- VM 21000 Small Animal Anesthesia Mentorship (credits 2)
- VM 21600 Diagnostic Imaging Mentorship II (credits 1.5)
- VM 21700 LA Diagnostic Imaging Mentorship (credits .5)
- VM 22800 Integrations (credits 2)
- VM 22600 Lab Animal Mentorship (credits 1)
- VM 22500 Advanced Clinical Mentorship (credits 1.5)
- VM 22400 Necropsy Mentorship (credits .5)