(Source: Standard Practice [no document])
College of Veterinary Medicine
Students are expected to assist in maintaining building security by ensuring that both inside and outside doors are locked/closed which they use after 6 pm or on weekends. Students who need to perform clinical duties or other duties after hours or on weekends will be issued a key card by the Building Deputy.
The following steps should be taken to help protect our facility and the people who work within:
- Make sure that all doors are locked after 6 pm.
- Close and secure windows after 6 pm.
- Do not prop doors open.
- Do not lend key cards to others.
- Check doors and windows to see if they are locked/closed if you are in the building after 6 pm.
- Confront any unfamiliar people you meet in the College after regular hours and ask them if you can help them find something. If their response raises suspicion, immediately report the incident to the Purdue Police Department by dialing emergency 911.
- Report any suspicious after-hours activities you observe either outside or inside the College to the Purdue Police Department by dialing emergency 911.