Super-Resolution Imaging Lab
System: Leica SP5 STED MP System with Mai Tai Deep See Tunable IR Laser
- 5-color and DIC fluorescence confocal imaging
- FRAP / FLIP / Photoactivation / FRET (ratio or accept or photobleaching) / Multi-time, ion concentration, ratiometric imaging
- 5 NDD (4 RLD and 1 TLD) multi-photon confocal imaging
- Second Harmonic Generation Imaging (both forward and scatter signals)
- STED superresolution confocal imaging (up to 50 nm resolution in XY)
- Live cell imaging and tracking in Ludin Chamber with controlled CO2 gas, light and temperature
- Deep tissue imaging in live animals in an inverted position
- Anesthesia machine for animal imaging (isoflurane gas)
- 40nm step-size Super Z
- Hi Plan 4X 0.1NA Dry (available upon request)
- HCX PLAPOCS 10X0.4NA Dry UV
- HCX PLAPOCS 20X0.7NA Dry UV
- HCX FLUOTAR 25X0.9NA Water (cover glass corrected for MP use)
- HCX PL APO CS 40X1.25NA Oil UV
- HCX PL APO CS 63X1.4 NA Oil UV
- HCX PL APO CS 100X1.4 NA Oil (STED)
Imaging Laser ROYB for AOBS;
R = "RED" 10mW HeNe 633nm;
O = "ORANGE" 2mW HeNe 594nm;
Y = "YELLOW" 10mW Diode 561nm;
B = "BLUE" multi-line 100mW Argon (458, 476, 488, 496, 514nm)
STED Depletion Laser (592nm)
Mai Tai Deep See Tunable IR Laser
Tandem Scanning System SP5 II
A. Conventional Scanner: Up to 2,800 lines-per-second; Rotation, panning, zooming capability.
B. Resonant Scanner: Up to 16,000 lines-per-second; Up to 25 sustained frames-per-second at 512x512; Roation, panning, zooming capability.
5 Detectors (5-Channel Prism-based "SP" Spectral Fluorescence Detection; Suitable for flexible detection of any fluorescent dyes)
4 Non-Descanned Detectors (various filters are available to detect 2HG/DAPI/HOECSHT/CMAC/CFP/GFP/YFP/FITC/TRITC/tdTomato/CY5)
1 TLD (2HG and DIC)
This is a black chamber to block all ambient light. It has a unique detachable front that can be removed for non-chamber users. This chamber is ideal for prolonged imaging of live cells with controlled CO2, moisture, and temperature. This can also be used to keep animals warm for imaging under anesthesia.
Isoflurane Anesthesia Machine
This is ideal to keep rodents under anesthesia for a prolonged time period.
IMARIS software (available at a cost)
3D and 4D Real-Time Interactive Data Visualization
Imaris is Bitplane's core scientific software module that delivers all the necessary functionality for data visualization, analysis, segmentation, and interpretation of 3D and 4D microscopy datasets. Combining speed, precision and ease-of-use, Imaris provides a complete set of features for working with three- and four-dimensional multi-channel images of any size, from a few megabytes to multiple gigabytes in size. Conveniently load, process and visualize data and images acquired from almost any confocal and wide field microscope to gain new and groundbreaking insight from your image data.