User Training & Facilities Guidelines
New User Registration
New User Training
Each new user must be trained on the equipment before access is allowed. Training consists of two 2 h sessions. There will be a charge for training ($20/h).
To schedule training, please contact lab administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Laser Safety by REM
Online laser safety training must be completed before your imaging lab training session.
REM requires Laser Safety Training. Please access training at: http://www.purdue.edu/rem/rs/rstrain.htm#LST
This training program consists of an online "Laser Safety Training: Class 3B and Class 4 Lasers" course, followed by an abbreviated classroom session. The "Laser Safety Retraining" course requires completion every 2 years for these same users, and is also available online.
REM Laser Safety Training forms:
- Register first (new user)
- Reserve the lab online. You will get an email if there is any issue with your reservation. Cancel early to avoid the penalty charge.
- Show up on time. Lab administrators will turn on the system and help you set up the system for your application
- After finishing acquisition, clean up lenses with designated lens paper and cleaning solution. Also, notify us by calling 494-0976
- If you are the last user of the day, switch off the system by following the guidelines of the equipment.