The Veterinary Technology program is a science based veterinary nursing program.
Bachelor of Science degree
Associate of Applied Science degree
Bachelor of Science completion option
For graduates from AVMA accredited veterinary technology programs wishing to complete a Bachelor degree.
For all applicants:
The Purdue University Veterinary Technology Program is a competitive admissions program. For questions, please contact the Veterinary Technology Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 765-496-6579 to speak with an academic advisor.
Bachelor degree curriculum (students admitted to Purdue Fall 2013 and later) click here.
Bachelor degree curriculum (students admitted to Purdue prior to Fall 2013) click here.
Associate of Applied Science degree curriculum click here.
Bachelor degree completion curriculum click here.
Preparing for the Competitive Admissions Process
- Academic ability (overall academic performance with emphasis on math and science grades, SAT/ACT scores, writing skills)
- Experience (animal care, veterinary health care exposure, general work experience)
- Evidence of self-motivation, self-determination, veterinary technology career awareness, leadership, and awareness of the VT Program
- Applicants must be 18 years of age prior to entering clinical courses.
Each VT Class contains 30 students. There is one class per year.
Minimum Admission Requirements
High School diploma or GED. A minimum of a C average grade index is required (high school and/or college), with a B average plus upper-third class rank preferred.
All degree-seeking applicants must meet these course expectations either in high school or through subsequent college-level (not remedial) coursework. A semester of college coursework is equivalent to two semesters of high school.
To view admissions criteria, click here.
For questions on admissions requirements and procedures, contact the Purdue University Office of Admissions.
Office of Admissions
Schleman Hall of Student Services
475 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-0544
Admissions Procedure Instructions
The timeline below applies to all applicants.
|August – early November||
Application process begins
Completed applications submitted by the deadline listed above are reviewed by the Veterinary Technology Admissions Committee
60-70 qualified applicants from the pool of completed applications are invited to an interview during January
Interviews held to invitees
Notification of acceptance to Veterinary Technology Program
Click the appropriate link below to view the admissions procedure instructions:
On-line application form will be available on August 1, 2013
The Purdue Advantage:
- Educating the entire veterinary team
- Small class size
- One-on-one interaction with faculty
- Hands-on animal learning sessions from day one
- National award winning educators
- Opportunities for international experiences
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for research experiences
- Opportunities for student leadership