Avian Influenza Virus (AIV) AGID
Turnaround Time: 1-7 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Wednesday
Species: Avian, Chicken, Turkey
Plastic Flip Top tubes
GENERAL - Label all containers with appropriate information - Animal ID, Owner Name, Veterinarian, Sample Type, Date. AVIAN SERUM - Collect blood in appropriate vacutainer tube. Allow blood to clot on side of tube. Centrifuge to separate serum from clot - if necessary. Transfer serum into leak proof tube. Refrigerate until sample shipment.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture) DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY LEAKS - Ensure all samples are in leak proof packages and clearly labeled with Tissue Type/Animal ID/Owner Name. Include absorptive material to collect any leaks - double bag any fresh tissues.
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easy matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AVIAN SERUM - Package blood tubes in a blood tube box or wrap securely with a paper towel or bubble wrap to provide protection.
Additional InformationNo waterfowl. Samples that test positive must have follow-up confirmation testing completed. Confirmation testing will cause delays in results.
ADDL West Lafayette location tests will be started on Monday and Wednesday. Samples must be received by 2:00 pm the Friday/Tuesday prior. Plastic tubes are preferred. If flip-top tubes are used, please ensure the caps are wrapped to prevent leakage. Glass tubes will be accepted, however, the submitter must use adequate packaging and consider sending extra tubes. Poor quality samples may delay testing and /or cause false results.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf