Mycoplasma synoviae (MS) HI
Turnaround Time: 1-7 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Species: Avian, Chicken, Turkey
Red Top Vacutainer Tube or Equivalent
GENERAL - Label all containers with appropriate information - Animal ID, Owner Name, Veterinarian, Sample Type, Date.
REFRIGERATION - Refrigerate all samples until shipment.
AVIAN SERUM - Collect blood in appropriate vacutainer tube. Allow blood to clot on side of the tube. Centrifuge to separate serum from clot - if necessary. Transfer serum into a leakproof tube. Refrigerate until sample shipment.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture) DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
LEAKS - Ensure all samples are in leakproof packages and clearly labeled with Tissue Type/Animal ID/Owner Name. Include absorptive material to collect any leaks - double bag any fresh tissues.
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easy matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to email@example.com.
AVIAN SERUM - Package blood tubes in a blood tube box or wrap securely with a paper towel or bubble wrap to provide protection.
Additional InformationThis test is currently being contracted through the AAVLD accredited Rollins Laboratory in the North Carolina Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory System.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf