Turnaround Time: Estimated 5 - 10 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Species: All Species
500 grams (1 pound)
Red Top Vacutainer
GENERAL - Label all containers with appropriate information - Animal ID, Owner Name, Veterinarian, Sample Type, Date.
REFRIGERATION - Refrigerate all samples until shipment.
SERUM - Collect blood in a red top or tiger top blood tube. Allow the sample to clot at room temperature before centrifuging or refrigerating. Serum may be submitted in a spun-down tiger top or poured off after spinning into a secondary tube. If submitting specimens from multiple animals, 1) label each tube sequentially (e.g., 1, 2, 3…) to correspond to the specimen/animal order on the submission form; 2) for each specimen, list animal IDs on the submission form; and, 3) if >10 animals per submission, please submit an electronic spreadsheet with animal IDs (in sequential order) – this will facilitate accessioning and data entry, reducing turn-around time.
FEED/FORAGE - Collect one pound of feed or forage that represents the sample lot needing to be tested in a sealable, plastic bag. Label the bag with appropriate identifying information (owner, type, location, date).
If shipping different samples/tissue types, clearly label each container with the owner and animal ID (if applicable) and sample/tissue type. Ship specimens overnight with an ice pack. DO NOT SHIP OVER WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS.
Additional Information*Quantitative Ocular fluid/serum nitrate testing is subcontracted to another laboratory.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf