Turnaround Time: 7-10 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Species: Canine, Feline, Other
Additional InformationOne adult animal OR 2 puppies or kittens. A necropsy at the ADDL includes a gross and histologic examination and report. Parasitology, bacteriology, and fluorescent antibody testing are performed as deemed appropriate by the pathologist for no additional charge. Separate charges apply for the following tests: toxicology, PCR, virus isolation, antimicrobial susceptibility testing, serology, IHC, and tests available only at other labs. *Fee does not include accessioning fee ($10 additional charge).
Legal/Insurance cases requiring additional documentation will be charged an additional non-refundable fee to be obtained at the time of submission. Cases with potential legal ramifications must be submitted on the Legal Necropsy Submission Form.
Cremation services are available.
Additional or mail-out tests will result in additional charges.
Spinal cord removal will result in additional charges.
*Necropsy cases that the remains are not cremated will have an additional fee added for disposal of the remains. For more information, visit Necropsy Disposal.
Owner-submitted necropsy cases are required to prepay at the time of submission. The sum of the prepayment will be the accessioning fee, necropsy fee, and the elected remains disposition. Payment may be made in cash or check. Fees associated with any returned checks will be added to the case. Additional charges related to the case will be billed to the client upon completion.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf