Whole Organ Evaluation
Turnaround Time: 1-3 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Species: All Species
Tissues should be fixed in 10% neutral buffered formalin (NBF).
During winter months add 10% of isopropyl alcohol to the formalin solution (e.g., 1 part isopropyl alcohol to 9 parts 10% NBF) to prevent specimen freezing during transport.
Ship tissue samples in a leakproof primary container. Place primary container in secondary, sealable bag to help contain the sample if damaged during shipment. Place sufficient paper towel or other absorbent in secondary container to absorb all formalin should primary container break or leak.
Additional InformationApplies to whole organ and whole mammary chain submissions. Examples: spleen, heart, brain, kidney, uterus with/without ovaries, mammary chains with 5 or more glans, and penis. Includes dissection, a gross report, slide prep, special stains, and histology report.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf