Turnaround Time: 5-10 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Species: All Species
Mandible / Jaw
Sealed, Leakproof Container
GENERAL - Label all containers with appropriate information - Animal ID, Owner Name, Veterinarian, Sample Type, Date.
REFRIGERATION - Refrigerate all samples until shipment.
FRESH TISSUES - Collect tissues in sterile/clean containers (plastic jars or sealable plastic bags). Separate tissues in different containers and label with tissue type, animal ID, and owner name. Tissues should be fixed in 10% neutral buffered formalin (NBF).
During winter months add 10% of isopropyl alcohol to the formalin solution (e.g., 1 part isopropyl alcohol to 9 parts 10% NBF) to prevent specimen freezing during transport.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture) DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
LEAKS - Ensure all samples are in leakproof packages and clearly labeled with Tissue Type/Animal ID/Owner Name. Include absorptive material to collect any leaks - double bag any fresh tissues.
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easy matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to email@example.com.
FRESH TISSUES - If shipping different tissue types, clearly label each container with owner and animal ID (if applicable) and sample/tissue type. Double bag ALL fresh tissues.
Additional InformationFee includes routine histochemical (special) stains and decalcification. Immunohistochemistry will result in additional charges. If required for diagnosis, special stains, additional sections or immunohistochemistry will delay turn-around time.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf