Canine Coronavirus (CCV) Virus Isolation
Turnaround Time: 2-3 weeks
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
GENERAL - Label all containers with appropriate information - Animal ID, Owner Name, Veterinarian, Sample Type, and Date.
REFRIGERATION - Refrigerate all samples until shipment.
FECES - Collect feces in a leakproof container (sealable plastic bag or jar - do NOT submit in gloves). Collect feces that is free of debris and bedding.
FRESH TISSUES - Collect tissues in sterile/clean containers (plastic jars or sealable plastic bags). Separate tissues in different containers and label them with tissue type, animal ID, and owner name.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture). DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
LEAKS - Ensure all samples are in leakproof packages and clearly labeled with Tissue Type/Animal ID/Owner Name. Include absorptive material to collect any leaks - double bag any fresh tissues.
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easy matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to email@example.com.
FECES - Ensure the container is securely sealed. Double bag all diarrhea samples to contain any leaks.
FRESH TISSUES - If shipping different tissue types, clearly label each container with owner and animal ID (if applicable) and sample/tissue type. Double bag ALL fresh tissues.
Additional InformationVirus isolation of Canine coronavirus.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf