Parvovirus VP2 Gene Typing
Section: Molecular Diagnostics
Turnaround Time: 3-4 Business Days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Sealed, Leakproof Container
Sealed, Leakproof Container
2-3 Loops of Small Intestine
Viral Transport Medium/Leakproof Tube
GENERAL - Label all containers with appropriate information - Animal ID, Owner Name, Veterinarian, Sample Type, Date.
REFRIGERATION - Refrigerate all samples until shipment.
SWAB (fecal, respiratory, tissue, purulent) - Synthetic (Dacron/polyester) swabs are recommended. Swabs should be placed in a viral transport system (examples: Viral Culturette, Becton Dickinson; Universal Transport Medium, Copan Diagnostics) or a sterile, leakproof tube with 0.5 ml sterile. Please only utilize bacterial culturette systems for bacterial culture.
FRESH TISSUES - Collect tissues in sterile/clean containers (plastic jars or sealable plastic bags). Separate tissues in different containers and label with tissue type, animal ID, and owner name.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture) DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
LEAKS - Ensure all samples are in leakproof packages and clearly labeled with Tissue Type/Animal ID/Owner Name. Include absorptive material to collect any leaks - double bag any fresh tissues.
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easy matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to email@example.com.
SWAB - Ship swabs in a sealed container with the appropriate media or the proper commercial swab transport device.
FRESH TISSUES - If shipping different tissue types, clearly label each container with the owner and animal ID (if applicable) and sample/tissue type. Double bag ALL fresh tissues.
Additional InformationThis test sequences the VP2 gene region of parvovirus and distinguishes between 3 variants (2a, 2b, 2c).
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf