Canine Influenza Virus PCR
Section: Molecular Diagnostics
Turnaround Time: 1 - 2 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Viral Transport Medium/Leakproof Tube
Sealed, Leakproof Container
GENERAL - Label all containers with appropriate information - Animal ID, Owner Name, Veterinarian, Sample Type, Date.
REFRIGERATION - Refrigerate all samples until shipment.
FRESH TISSUES - Collect tissues in sterile/clean containers (plastic jars or sealable plastic bags). Separate tissues in different containers and label with tissue type, animal ID, and owner name. SWABS: Synthetic (Dacron/polyester) swabs are recommended. Swabs should be placed in a viral transport system (examples: Viral Culturette, Becton Dickinson; Universal Transport Medium, Copan Diagnostics) or in a sterile, leakproof tube with 0.5 ml sterile saline/PBS. Any bacterial swab system (Amies agar, with or without charcoal) is unacceptable and will not be tested.
LUNG: Several samples of lesioned lung.
LEAKS - Ensure all samples are in leakproof packages and clearly labeled with Tissue Type/Animal ID/Owner Name. Include absorptive material to collect any leaks - double bag any fresh tissues.
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easy matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SWAB - Ship swabs in a sealed container with the appropriate media or in the proper commercial swab transport device.
FRESH TISSUES - If shipping different tissue types, clearly label each container with the owner and animal ID (if applicable) and sample/tissue type. Double bag ALL fresh tissues. If shipping different tissue types, clearly label each container with the owner and animal ID (if applicable) and sample/tissue type. Ship specimens overnight with an ice pack. DO NOT SHIP OVER WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf