CE Events and Workshops
- Upcoming events:
- May 1, 2014 - VCS Seminar: Dr. David Horohov
- May 26 - June 1, 2014 - Iverson Bell Regional Diversity Summit
- August 2-3, 2014 - Bone Marrow Workshop
- September 9-13, 2014 - Purdue Veterinary Medicine Fall Conference
- Past events:
- September 10 - 14, 2013 - Purdue Veterinary Medicine Fall Conference and Conference Proceedings
- October 17 - 20, 2013 - Primary Care Veterinary Educators World Symposium
The Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences welcomes Dr. David Horohov, William Robert Mills Chair in Equine Immunology at the Maxwell H. Gluck Equine Research Center at the University of Kentucky, for a special seminar titled, “Pro-Inflammatory Gene Expression in Thoroughbred Racehorses as a Marker for Exercise Conditioning.” Dr. Horohov’s research program focuses on the identification and characterization of equine cytokines and their role in protective and pathologic immune responses. His research group has cloned, sequenced and expressed a number of cytokine genes from the horse and developed assays for their detection. These assays have been used to better characterize the protective immune responses of horses to bacterial, viral and parasitic infections, as well as the pathologic response in autoimmune and allergic diseases.
Dr. Horohov is particularly interested on the effect of age on immune responses in the horse. Current research focuses on the developing immune response of foals and how it relates to their susceptibility to infection. His research program is also interested in the effect of advanced age on the immune response of older horses. One (1) Continuing Education (CE) Credit is offered for this seminar.
Click here for the Midwest Regional Diversity and Inclusion Award information.Back to top
Pre-reading for Bone Marrow Workshop: Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice, Volume 42, Issue 1, Pages 23-42, January 2012