Joseph W. Camp, Jr, PhD
- Department of Comparative Pathobiology
- Professor of Veterinary Parasitology
- Secretary of Faculties
- Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine
- 625 Harrison Street
- West Lafayette, IN 47907
- Office: VPRB G23
- Phone: 765.496.2463 Fax: 765.494.9830
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1980 - PhD | Wake Forest University
- 1977 - MS | Illinois State University
- 1974 - BS | Illinois State University
- 2012 - 2013 | Director Diagnostic Parasitology Laboratory, PUWL
- 2003 - | Coordinator for Hatch/Animal Health projects, College of Veterinary Medicine
- 2003 - | Professor of Veterinary Parasitology
- 1999 - 2003 | Professor of Biological Sciences, Department of Biology, PUNC
- 1990 - 1999 | Associate Professor, Department of Biology, PUNC
- 1985 - 1990 | Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, PUNC
- 1983 - 1985 | Assistant Professor, Mundelein College
- 1982 - 1983 | Assistant Professor, Alice Lloyd College
- 1982 - 1982 | Lecturer, Illinois Benedictine College
- 1980 - 1981 | Postdoctoral Research Assistant, University of Puerto Rico, Immunoparasitology
- Camp, J. W. 1989. Population biology of Allocreadium lobatum (Trematoda: Allocreadiidae) in creek chubs Semotilus atromaculatus. The AmericanMidland Naturalist 122:236-241
- Camp, Jr., J. W. 1990. Metazoan parasites of Semotilus atromaculatus from Sugar Creek, McLean County, Illinois. Journal of the Helminthological Society of Washington 57:162-164
- Camp, J.W. 1992. Occurrence of Allocreadium neotenicum in aquatic hosts from northern Indiana. The American Midland Naturalist 128:203-208
- Dietrich, N., S. Pruden, T.G. Ksiazek, S.P. Morzunov, and J.W. Camp. 1997. A small-scale survey of hantavirus in mammals from Indiana. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 33:818-822.
- Camp, J.W., L.M. Blaney, and D.K. Barnes. 1999. Parasites of the round goby, Neogobius melanostomus (Perciformes: Gobiidae), from Southern Lake Michigan, Indiana. Journal of the Helminthological Society of Washington. Journal of the Helminthological Assoc
- Wilson, S. and J.W. Camp, Jr. 2003. Helminths of bluegills, Lepomis macrochirus, from a northern Indiana pond. Comparative Parasitology. 70:88-92.
- Mohamed, A.S., L.T. Glickman, J.W. Camp, Jr., E. Lund and G.E. Moore. 2013. Prevalence and risk factors for Giardia spp. infection in a large national sample of pet dogs visiting veterinary hospitals in the United States (2003 - 2009). Veterinary Parasitology. 195:35-41.
- Mohamed, A.S., M. Levine, J.W. Camp, Jr., J.S. Yoder, L.T. Glickman, and G.E. Moore. 2014. Temporal patterns of human and canine Giardia infection in the United States: 2003-2009. Preventive Veterinary Medicine. 113:249-256.
- Litster, A.L., J. Nichols, K. Hall, J. Camp, A.S. Mohamed. 2014. Use of ponazuril paste to treat coccidiosis in shelter-housed cats and dogs. Veterinary Parasitology. 202:319-325.