Surgical Pathology/ Biopsy
Fee: See Additional Information
Turnaround Time: 1-7 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Species: All Species
Tissues should be fixed in 10% neutral buffered formalin (NBF).
During winter months add 10% of isopropyl alcohol to the formalin solution (e.g., 1 part isopropyl alcohol to 9 parts 10% NBF) to prevent specimen freezing during transport.
Ship tissue samples in a leakproof primary container. Place primary container in secondary, sealable bag to help contain the sample if damaged during shipment. Place sufficient paper towel or other absorbent in secondary container to absorb all formalin should primary container break or leak.
Additional InformationCharges are based on the number of masses or lesions sampled/biopsied. Each separate site will count as one (1) mass/biopsy. Three (3) punch biopsies from the same organ will count as one mass/biopsy. The initial biopsy will be $47.00, and the price will increase with each multiple of two (2) biopsies by $33.00 increments.
For Example: 1 biopsy = $47.00, 2-3 biopsies = $80.00, 4-5 biopsies = $113.00, 6-7 biopsies = $146.00
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf