Welcome to the Centaur Equine Specialty Hospital
The Centaur Equine Specialty Hospital is a premier performance horse veterinary hospital providing specialty referral, medical and surgical services while supporting equine research and education.
Horse owners and trainers have access to our team of specialists, and extensive diagnostic and therapeutic modalities, including advanced diagnostic imaging, shockwave therapy, nuclear medicine, regenerative medicine, endoscopic laser surgery and specialized equine orthopedic and soft tissue surgery. Dedicated in April, 2017 the Centaur Equine Specialty Hospital houses one of very few robotic CT diagnostic imaging systems, which contains two robotic arms and can scan equine patients without general anesthesia. Because the horse avoids general anesthesia, it makes imaging faster and safer for both the horse and the practitioner.
Our team works with you and your primary veterinarian to provide the highest quality care to your performance horse. While we specialize in equine athletes, we have experience with all breeds and disciplines.
The mission of the Centaur Equine Specialty Hospital is to maximize the performance of all horses used for sport, competition, or pleasure by prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases or conditions that negatively affect performance. Our board certified veterinarians with extensive experience work with horse owners, trainers and referring veterinarians to provide the most current diagnostic tests and the most effective therapeutics. The health and welfare of the horse is the highest priority.
- Excellence in patient care
- Education of horse owners, trainers, caregivers, veterinarians and veterinary students to optimize the health of horses
- Improvement of health and well- being of equine athletes through clinical research to advance diagnostic and therapeutics
- We will act honestly and ethically with all clients and exhibit the integrity clients expect and deserve
- To provide value to each client by expedient service and individual care of each patient.