Fetal Neonatal Protocol (Abortion)
Turnaround Time: 10 days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Species: Bovine, Canine, Caprine, Feline, Ovine, Porcine, Ruminant
Fetus and Placenta
See list below
Neonate (less than 24 hours)
GENERAL - Label all containers with appropriate information - Animal ID, Owner Name, Veterinarian, Sample Type, Date.
FETUS/FETAL TISSUES - Refrigerate and store the body until it is able to be delivered to the lab for necropsy. Deliver to ADDL for necropsy as soon as possible to minimize autolysis. Remember to collect and submit placenta (cotyledonary NOT amniotic).
FETUS/FETAL TISSUES - Double bag body if shipping through a courier service. Ship placenta in a separate leakproof, plastic bag.
Additional InformationThe Fetal/Neonatal Protocol fee will be charged for each of the following individuals or groups: 1 bovine fetus/neonate; up to 2 ovine/caprine/other ruminant fetuses/neonates; up to 3 porcine/feline/canine fetuses/neonates. Tissue from multiple fetuses/neonates will be pooled for ancillary testing.
Neonates for this protocol are animals within 24 hours after birth.
Fee does not include $10 accessioning fee.
*Necropsy cases will have an additional fee added for disposal of the remains. For more information, visit Necropsy Disposal.
For information about equine cases, visit Equine Fetal Neonatal Protocol.
Owner-submitted necropsy cases are required to prepay at the time of submission. The sum of the prepayment will be the accessioning fee, necropsy fee, and the elected remains disposition. Payment may be made in cash or check. Fees associated with any returned checks will be added to the case. Additional charges related to the case will be billed to the client upon completion.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf