Feline Patient Recruitment
As of May 26, 2022
If you would like additional information regarding a clinical trial, please contact us at:
If you believe your pet is eligible for a specific study, we recommend that you contact your veterinarian and request a referral. However, a referral may not be required to participate in some clinical trials.
Development of a Questionnaire for the Detection of Cognitive Decline in Elderly cats
- Description: For an online survey study, Purdue Animal Behavior Clinic recruits cat owners who own older cats (11 years or older).
- Eligibility: Healthy older cats that your primary care veterinarian verifies at Purdue University Veterinary Hospital or other clinics based on physical examination, blood work, and urinalysis within six months from the time of filling out the survey.
- Financial Incentive: None.
- Reimbursement: Suppose the cat is apparently healthy but did not recently visit the veterinarian. In that case, we will reimburse for the cost of the blood work (CBC, chemistry profile, and T4) and urinalysis if you are willing to take the cat to your veterinarian for the study (we need to receive the results, the receipt, and the paperwork to do the reimbursement).
- Primary Investigator: Dr. Niwako Ogata.
- Contact: If you are interested or have further questions, please contact our research team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.