Volunteer opportunities at the Purdue University Veterinary Hospital are reserved for current Purdue University students. Purdue students that are enrolled in the Pre-Veterinary Program or Veterinary Nursing Program are eligible. All volunteers must have reached their 18th birthday.
At the present time volunteers are accepted in the following areas of the Purdue University Veterinary Hospital:
Purdue University Large Animal Hospital
- General Large Animal Hospital - Capacity met for volunteers this academic year.
- Foal Watch
- Large Animal Emergency Team
Purdue University Small Animal Hospital
- Oncology Treatment - Not accepting volunteers for the academic year.
- Neurology - Not accepting volunteers for the academic year.
- ICU/ECC - Not accepting volunteers for the academic year.
- Ophthalmology - Capacity met for volunteers this academic year.
Volunteer Application and Guidelines
In order to be considered for acceptance in the Veterinary Hospital Volunteer Program, please complete the Volunteer required forms located in the Volunteer Guidelines or the Foal Watch & LAET Manual. Once your eligibility has been established, your application will be forwarded to the volunteer coordinator in the area of your interest.
The volunteer coordinator will contact you with information on the availability of volunteer opportunities in their area and will be responsible for scheduling.
In depth information on safety training for all volunteers and other expectations can be found in the manuals below:
- Volunteer Guidelines
- Volunteer Guidelines - Foal Watch & LA Emergency Team
- Safety Training: MRI Video
Please contact your volunteer coordinator with any questions regarding volunteer requirements or responsibilities.